Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Self portrait


Self portrait - #40/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.
I notice that a lot of photographers take self-portraits and since I wasn't too happy with a limited choice for my daily pic, I set up the tripod and tried to apply some tips I've learned from sites like Digital Photography School. I tried a few different poses and compositions, but decided this one was the best, technically and I was happy with my smile and the look in my eyes. The most difficult aspect of taking your own picture is focus, especially when you're working with quite a shallow depth of field as is the case here. I decided to keep the camera on autofocus and I used a remote shutter release. The one feature of my D80 I did use which I don't think I've ever really used is selecting the specific focus zone - in this case top-medium-right, which I hoped gave me the best chance of getting my eyes in focus. Lucky I didn't have anything between my teeth !

No comments:

Post a Comment