Monday, May 31, 2010

New board member


New board member - #199/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.

I took a shot of this fence close to my home a little while ago but I wasn't happy with the crispness of the focus so I kept it my proverbial back pocket for a rainy day (I also have spot downtown that I have saved for a day when I'm stuck for a shot).

Well it wasn't rainy, but it was overcast, so I used the vivid+ setting to boost the contrast and bring out whatever colour and tones were there. When I got to the spot, I noticed there was a new sapling planted in front of the fence. There's something to be said for grabbing a shot when you first get the chance - things change. Well, once I moved closer to the fence, I had a clear shot without the sapling in the way - if you're not happy with your composition, move around, there's always a good angle and point-of-view. I took a few shots that showed a little bit of the grass, but following the rule of abstract photography, keep distractions to a minimum and isolate your subject with a telephoto lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment