Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yonge Street Indy car


Yonge Street Indy car - #241/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.
I've always loved race cars - my Dad used to take me to Silverstone when I was a little boy and I've always been in awe with their raw power and beautiful designs. As I tell anyone with a remote interest, you have to see these cars in person when they're on the track - TV does not do justice to auto racing. Unfortunately I haven't been to see a race for a long time, but I'm always drawn to the cars, even when they're powered off at events like this - a promo and celebrity pit race at Yonge Dundas Square ahead of this weekend's race. A crew had pulled this one out of the trailer and I thought the unusual site of a race car on Yonge street was perfect.  You can find more shots from today's event here.

No comments:

Post a Comment