Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Concerned


Concerned - #153/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.

This man hit the young lady on the left while driving along Dundas St in Chinatown today. While walking along the street, I heard a alerting yell and when I turned I saw the girl bounce off the hood of this man's car and fall to the ground. He appeared to be driving quite fast and she didn't seem to be paying attention as she crossed mid-block. I debated whether it was appropriate to stop and take a few shots, but 1) I felt this was a photojournalistic opportunity and 2) I thought I should perhaps record the event in case she was badly hurt and he tried to make a run for it. She remarkably got up quite quickly and it looked like she only had a few knee and arm scrapes - she was very lucky. I overheard someone ask for a 911 call, however the police never showed up. This shot was taken as a police car siren was heard close by. As things seems to settle down and the majority of the crowd dispersed, I asked the girl if she was ok - she said she was ok, although she still looked rather shocked and he appeared rather in shock himself. When he took her into a nearby pharmacy with a few other witnesses and no police showed up, I went on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment