Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hey man, I didn't touch that record !

Kooper has been a little bit of a handful recently and has taken a strong liking to my old outdoor speaker for the last few days. Well the speaker really didn't have any business being exposed to the elements for all these years, but it definitely wasn't ready for a canine attack. Although speakers haven't changed much over the years (this home-assembled one I bought from a friend over 15 years ago), many people don't have traditional speakers in their home anymore - that's a long way of saying the beat up speaker looked a little retro. So I thought an old record would be a nice prop for the shot.

I was using treats to get Kooper to work a few different poses (you can see a treat on top of the speaker) and decided the annoyed face shot was pretty funny and a contrast to his calm look. I almost captured a shot with the record in his mouth, but he was losing his patience.

I had the camera on a tripod set for multi-zone focusing and used f6.3 have a reasonable depth-of-field. I had a remote release in my hand. The only thing I kept forgetting was waiting for the flash to charge before firing another test shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment