Monday, October 25, 2010

What do the management want Eileen ?

I received these gag miniatures from a work colleague a few years ago and keep them at the office beside their boss toss toy gun. Shortly before this shot I realized I had a problem with my Nikon 18-200mm lens. I noticed something wasn't quite right at the Raptor game and the same problem happened today - it's not focusing properly (auto and manual) beyond 150mm close to infinity. Looks like another visit to Nikon shortly, but at least this time the lens is still under warranty and I just hope the repair is covered. So I was playing with the lens, determining the exact issue and set these guys up on top of my telephone on my desk with the blurred cityscape as a background. I added a little spot lighting using a little giveaway LED light pen that's been sitting in desk draw for a while. Close up focusing worked fine with the lens. I've been thinking of using them for a fun shot, and finally came up with a posed composition and some comical context.

No comments:

Post a Comment