Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Junior Associate Director

It was Take Our Kids to Work Day today in Ontario for grade 9 students. I embraced the idea and had quite a full day planned for my son and I. We had a few conference calls, a technical and company primer, a PowerPoint review to prepare for a meeting, a business lunch with customers, a visit to one of my customer's offices, lots of emails, a prospecting phone call, some travel arrangements and of course, after-work drinks. My son said he really enjoyed the day and liked my work environment. He now says he's interested in marketing !

I had my son try a few different poses and I centered him in the frame on most shots. I liked the casual pose the best as it seemed more natural, but I did crop and straighten a little to omit the dull wall on the right, but wanted to include one wall to provide some context. As he's looking left, I thought a little off centre to the right worked. I liked having the big city print (a shot I took about 25 years ago) in the frame and I like the continued reflection. I used slow sync flash to keep some of the late afternoon natural light.

But what makes the shot for me is the confident pose and the look on his face. He's becoming quite a good model for my endless family and creative personal shots. I think he learnt something today.

1 comment:

  1. BRILLIANT! I love this shot bro, Rio looks like a young Gordon Gekko!

    ReplyDelete