Monday, November 8, 2010

Mert's city music


Mert's city music - #359/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.

After dropping my business card off with same day strangers, Nathan and Camille I heard the smooth jazz groove guitar sounds of this young man outside my office on Dundas Street.  I spent a some time working on getting a few street shots first, then introduced myself with my intro comment about his looping technique.  For Mert's full story see his 100 Stranger shot.

I propped my camera up on its lens cap, focused manually, used a manual setting and custom image optimization to keep a blend of city lighting with a warmer street feel.  I had to use a very high ISO (1250) as it was really dark (although you can't tell - remember a camera does better in low light than the human eye).  Once again in-camera high ISO noise reduction worked really well.  I had to take quite a lot of shots to frame the shot as I couldn't easily get down on my hands and knees in my work clothes (need a live view screen on that next DSLR).

No comments:

Post a Comment