Friday, November 5, 2010

Soft cactus


Soft cactus - #357/365, originally uploaded by PJMixer.
I escaped an unpleasant November day and visited Allan Gardens conservatory during my lunch hour. I hadn't been to Allan Gardens since the photo shoot for my wedding day over 19 years ago. It was just what the doctor and photography gods ordered, beautiful lighting, exotic plants, rich, saturated colours and some lovely warm air.

This large cactus had wide soft lush green leaves and I chose to centre the shot on just one leaf that was reaching out and it was one of the leaves that had its black tip intact. I had my 50mm 1.8, but closed the aperture down to f/2.8 to get more of the leaf in focus and still keeping the background soft. And to cap it off, the natural symmetry of the background leaves worked really nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment